‣ skintopia Data Privacy Rights
skintopia recognizes and values your data privacy rights. We seek to uphold them in accordance with the law.
In this Statement…
Personal Data ‣
refers to any information that identifies you as a person. As defined by the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012, this may be “sensitive personal information.”
Data Privacy ‣
refers to the necessity to preserve and protect any personal data collected by an organization from being accessed by a third party.
‣ Your Data Privacy Rights
Your data privacy rights are protected by the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012. This law states that you have the right to:
Be informed. ‣
You must be advised if your personal data will be or has been processed. This includes the existence of automated decision-making and profiling in select transactions.
You have the right to reasonable access, upon written request, the contents of your personal data that were processed and the manner by which these were processed; the sources from which these were obtained; the recipients and reasons for disclosure, if any; date when your information was last modified; and information on automated processes where your information will be made as the sole basis for any decision that may significantly affect you.
Rectify incorrect data. ‣
You have the right to correct any error in your personal data and, if warranted, request immediate rectification.
Erase or block ‣
You have, based on reasonable grounds, the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from skintopia’s filing system, without prejudice to skintopia continuing to process personal data for commercial, operational, legal and regulatory purposes.
Secure data portability. ‣
Where your personal data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, you have the right to obtain a copy of it from skintopia for your further use.
Be compensated for damages. ‣
You shall be compensated for any damage sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, taking into account any violation of your rights and freedoms.
File a complaint. ‣
You may file a complaint or exercise your rights above by reaching out to our Data Protection Officer in the contact details provided below.
‣ What Personal Data We Collect
At skintopia, we ask you for your personal data when you: ‣
- Apply as Depot, Distributor or Reseller
- Use our websites, applications or facilities
- Pay for your purchases
- File for return, refund, and exchange
- Take part in research or surveys
- Join our events
The personal data we collect from you may include the following: ‣
- Name, age, sex, civil status, date and place of birth, nationality and/or citizenship, address, and contact details such as email address, landline number and/or mobile number;
- Business information [e.g., Business Address, DTI/SEC, FDA LTO, and/or Business Permit];
- Payment card number or bank account details;
- Government-issued identification numbers [e.g., Passport, Tax Identification Number (TIN), Social Security System (SSS) or Government Service Insurance System GSIS) Numbers];
We may also ask for personal data from other sources whom you have permitted to share your information with us. These sources may include your referrer or distribution partner, government and other regulatory bodies, and other third parties.
There may be cases where third parties send us personal information even without us requesting. In such cases, we will determine if we can legally keep the information and use it for the declared purpose.
‣ Where We Use Your Personal Data
We process your personal data based on your consent, legitimate business interest, and lawful processing. We use it only for: ‣
- Processing applications for Depot, Distributor and Reseller or our personal care products;
- Providing, administering, and servicing our products and services to help you meet your needs, including for purposes of improving/upgrading our systems and business processes or appointing third party vendors;
- Assessing your suitability for products and services, including conducting data analytics, market research, and surveys to offer you better products and services;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, directives, issuances by, or agreements and obligations of skintopia to any competent authority, regulator, supervisory body, enforcement agency, exchange, court, quasi-judicial body, or tribunal;
- Identifying, investigating, and preventing financial crimes, including fraud, bribery, money laundering and terrorist financing, including but not limited to submitting reports to the Anti-Money Laundering Commission (AMLC) and other regulators;
- Enforcing and/or defending the rights of skintopia before any agency, court, tribunal, quasi-judicial body;
- Recognizing other lawful or legitimate commercial or business purposes necessary for the performance of, or in relation to, a contract or service in which you are part of
- When necessary or desirable in the context of an employer-employee relationship; and
- Enabling skintopia to manage its businesses and ensuring that we are able to identify, measure, manage, and mitigate any risk that may come up.
We may use your information for other purposes necessary to provide both primary services and incidental services in line with your transactions.
When using your data, we may utilize manual and/or technology-enabled data processing systems to help us serve you, including profiling, letter preparation and printing, email and call validation, and other processes.
Meanwhile, partnerships and corporate entities that skintopia works with are expected to:
- Advise concerned people of the purpose/s of collecting personal data, including other relevant information and disclosure of the said data to skintopia
- Inform them of their data privacy rights; and
- Obtain the necessary consent and authority to disclose personal data of its directors, officers, employees, members, and other representatives to skintopia, as mandated by the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other applicable laws and regulations.
‣ How We Protect Your Personal Data
skintopia keeps your personal data in paper-based files and electronic records. While the processing of your personal data exposes you to financial, legal, regulatory, or reputational risks that may result from its unauthorized processing or disclosure, Sun Life is committed to protecting your privacy by:
- Maintaining physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal data against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification
- Limiting access on a need-to-know basis.
skintopia takes responsibility for all your personal data in our possession. This includes information transferred to third parties who perform services on our behalf, whom we require to strictly adhere to our privacy policies and practices.
‣ Personal Data Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose and share your personal data based on your consent, legitimate business interest, and lawful processing, to the following parties: ‣
- Any member of skintopia, its directors, officers, employees, duly authorized representatives, related companies, affiliates, financial advisors, and mutual fund representatives;
- Third party service providers and vendors including encoding, printing and courier services; credit card processors; IT software providers; hosting vendors; and customer support providers who are obliged to keep your personal data confidential. They will have access to your personal data only as necessary to perform their requested function on your behalf, and only if their security and privacy standards are acceptable to skintopia;
- Business partners who help us market and distribute our products and services;
- Any authority, regulator, supervisory, enforcement agency, exchange, court, quasi-judicial body or tribunal;
- Reinsurers and professional advisers including accounting, tax, financial or legal counsel; or
- Anyone we consider necessary for purposes of providing you products and services and other lawful purposes mentioned above.
‣ Personal Data Retention
Your personal data will be retained by skintopia throughout the duration of your account and/or until the expiration of the contract set by skintopia standards, industry standards, laws and regulations. This period will be counted from account closure and will be set until destruction, disposal or anonymization of records, unless withdrawn in writing or withheld due to changes in the information supplied by the Company.
‣ Personal Data Retention
‣ How To Contact Us
#15 Marcos Alvarez Avenue Talon V Las Pinas City, Metro Manila
Client Care Hotline ‣
0905 706 7375
Email Address ‣
Business Hours ‣
8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Mondays to Saturdays.
skintopia is a personal care, direct-selling company. We create innovative quality yet affordable beauty soap products that focuses on achieving perfect skin suited for Filipinos. We are excited to share our innovative creations of beauty in excellence face and body bar soaps and extend our services to people who deserved a boost in confidence. We believe that beauty soaps aren’t just for women, but also for men, as well as for our friends in the LGBT community. We also believe that every Filipino deserves fairer skin and access to affordable beauty soap products. If you wish to receive marketing or promotional information, please feel free to send us an email or call us.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, our data processing activities or your dealings with this web site, you can contact the Data Privacy Officer by telephone at (insert telephone number) or send us an email at (insert email address of data privacy team/officer). You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our Customer Care, at hotline no. 0905 706 7375. Our business hours are from 8:00 AM to 7500 PM, Mondays to Saturdays.